Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Baking cookies and watching Maddow

I am sitting here baking cookies and watching Rachel Maddow (as every good liberal housewife does), and I can't help but think about the reliability of the news we receive. As students we are always told that when researching it is always important to make sure your information is from a reliable source. So I looked up the sources of the news many Americans receive. I enjoy watching Rachel Maddow and Chris Mathews, while many others enjoy the likes of Sean Hannity and Glen Beck. So I decided to do a side-by-side comparison to see if I was really getting my news from a more reliable, informed source.



Rachel Maddow received the Rhodes Scholarship and began her postgraduate study in 1995 at Lincoln College, Oxford. In 2001, she completed her Doctor of Philosophy degree in politics from the University of Oxford....

One smart cookie...okay so far so good.



Okay how about Glen Beck?

"Beck was admitted to a special program for non-traditional students at Yale University while he was working for a New Haven-area radio station, having received at least one of his recommendations from Senator Joe Lieberman. During this time Beck took a single theology class, dropping out around the time of his divorce." (wikipedia)

hmmm...not so good



Chris Mathews?

Chris was a 1967 graduate of the College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, Massachusetts. He did graduate work in economics at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and served in the Peace corp.

Rock on Chris.



Sean Hannity?

Hannity graduated in 1980 from St. Pius X Preparatory Seminary high school. After high school Hannity dropped out of New York University and Adelphi University.

oopsy...


I've known a lot of really smart people that have never gone to College, but when I look to others for the best knowledge of philosophy, economics, history, and politics, I like to trust the experts first.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! There are a lot of liberal guys that think that Rachael is one of the smartest people in the news business too. I have enjoyed watching her show for some time now. I would also enjoy a cookie.

    ReplyDelete